Sunday, January 09, 2005

Piston Broke Scooter Club - Austin 1/9/05

Bent steel and burning oil... Gears grind and smoke bellows from their fire breathing monstrosities. It is the weekly meeting of THE PISTON BROKE SCOOTER CLUB! Every Sunday, right here in Austin, the patrons of Jo's on SoCo get more than an eye-full of weirdness and a stomach-full of Iced Turbos. They get to choke on the noxious fumes from over a dozen 2 and 4 stroke scooters (from hell). There were classics like Vespas, Piaggios, Lambrettas... There were Maxi's like the Burgmans and the Honda Helix and there were a motley crew of scooter jockeys both young and not so young; everyone there to have a good time and terrorize the town. We made a short rally through the hills before breaking off to the pub, but here are some of the images I managed to capture today...


Here we are parked in front of Austin's landmark coffee shop Jo's.
Click here to see a BIG picture from another point of view


Unfortunately I didn't get everyone's names... This one I know belongs to Jack. He's in the picture there behind the scooter. One of two BIG Burg 650cc monsters. The guy to his left owns a the new Vespa you'll see further down.


This guy is Frederico. One of only 2 people who's names I am SURE of. You can tell he loves his 650.


...and Here he is looking suave for the camera. Nice action shot.


This guy here was cool, clean and hip. Nothing beats a lounge monkey.


Here we have one of the REEEEALY pretty little Vespas with the 200cc engine. I think it's a 2005. I know he just got it in December and was grinin' like little devil. He (the owner guy) says it goes up to about 78MPH. Nice.


There were also a pair of totally ragged classics. This was one.


And this was the other... but now that I see it online.. It doesn't looks so bad. Sorry you're gonna have to try harder if you wanna make your scoot the "most ragged".


There was this sweet little number too. I think it was 200cc, but I didn't get all the details on her.


This was one of my personal faves... It's a 150cc Vespa classic. Ran very nicely and the owner was equally nice. They were a nice team.


Here's me looking geeky as hell cause THAT'S WHAT I DO BEST! I need a backrest so I'm not hunching over like Quasimodo. Not that I have anything against Quasimodo, I mean... Some of my best FRIENDS are Quasimodo (jk).


I got a pic of one last Vespa... A kinda, non-descript blue classic. They need more stickers or scratches or something if they wanna stand out... Oh yeah.. I remember. This guy was for sale. It's a restored small-form vespa. Clean and ready for your personal "flava".
For more information on Austin's own scooter club, check out:
http://www.pistonbrokesc.com/

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of those definitly are not what I would call a scooter.

also, http://www.geekaustin.com/

Is a website run by a friend of mine.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home