Friday, June 10, 2005

Sony customer $ervice


(That little ring in the upper left saved me over a hundred bucks!)

I'm a big Sony fan. All my cameras are Sony. I enjoy the interoperability of many of their accessories... My still camera's wide angle lens for instance. I paid over a hundred sumthin' bucks for that lens in the lower left hand corner. It seems that there would be a way to use it on my video camera as well and if anyone would know the answer, it would be SONY! Here's what transpired:

Customer
Is there a way I can use my VCL-MHG07 Wide Conversion lens with my Handycam DCR-TRV530?

Thanks!

Response (Daniel)
Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry regarding a Sony Camcorder Accessory.

The VCL-MHG07 Wide Conversion lens is not compatible with the DCR-TRV530 camcorder.
I suggest that you opt for the VCL-MHG07A 52mm High Grade 0.7X Wide Angle Lens.
This is the compatible wide conversion lens with the DCR-TRV530 camcorder.

The VCL-MHG07A wide-angle lens allows you to capture impressive results of that wide-angle
shot without sacrificing a single detail. Please click on the following link to view and place an
order for the VCL-MHG07A wide-angle lens online at SonyStyle.com:

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=VCLMHG07A

Please feel free to contact the Sony Style team for further assistance.

So what we end up with is Sony trying to sell me ANOTHER $120 lens. What's the difference? The letter "A" and supplied converters for 37 mm and 58 mm lenses. I instead opted for the ebay approach. I found a 37mm step-up for $1.85 + $1.75 shipping. Works like a charm.

Couldn't Sony have given me an option? Like "Well, you could buy the 'A' lens or just go pick up a $2.00 step-up converter... It's all good!".

Let the blog be my voice! A voice big enough for Sony to hear! Change your ways good sir, change your ways!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home