Sunday, January 16, 2005

Revenge of the Piston!



Woohoo! Another gathering of the Piston-heads on a sunny sunday afternoon; and MAN it was brisk... We're talking long-johns and two-jackets brisk (I apologize to my readers in Chicago, Jersey, Denver, and Anchorage for complaining about the sub 60 degree weather). But, if you think that stopped us from 'gettin' our scoot on', you're WRONG. We hung out at Jo's and chugged down gallons of tea and coffee... (I think my Pumpkin Late was possessed by the devil though, cause I could feel him poking my lower intestines about an hour after I drank it. Maybe it was bad milk or whipcream).

Anyway... We had had a pretty nice showing.

We had this blue bute show up. I didn't get the year, but I know the rider had lots of character.

Here's the scoots from another angle:

You can see a super sweet '66 Vespa in all of her mostly-original glory.

There was also this clean little number with lots'o chrome luvin'. You could move to a new apartment with all that storage!


I even broke down and gave the ole Helix a bath...


Later that day Al, Fred and myself went riding up in the hills. Al and Fred we're abducted by two aliens, shown here:

I would have saved them, but I was busy looking geeky:


As you know, Fred pushes a big Bergman 650. He's gotten it easily over 100mph and would appreciate it if you don't tell his parole officer (jk).

Al was on his People 250... see here:


I had a chance to ride it a few miles and I can safely say it is quite the responsive little scoot. It had nice pick up an rode more like a motorcycle due to the large (14") wheels. I had very few complaints. I would prolly install a larger custom wind screen and drop some brighter break and turn signals in it - and I really missed my Helix's barcalounger like seating... but for the money (in the low $3,000s) it is VERY practical choice. Some neo-talian curves to it and a big honkin' grill...

...make for a unique design that looks better in person than on their website.

We all had a good time and look forward to a warmer Sunday so we can all ride in our skivvies.

For more info on the Piston Broke Scooter Club in Austin, check out:
http://pistonbrokesc.com/

Ride it like you stole it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home