Thursday, June 23, 2005

Discover new music: Architecture In Helsinki


(Good music doesn't look like Britney Spears)

Checked out Architecture In Helsinki yesterday at Waterloo Records. First time I'd ever heard them... or even heard OF them. I dug the sound. Pretty refreshing. Kiiiiinda like They-might-be-giant-talking-heads covering a non-existant Ween cover of Len's "Steal my Sunshine". Eh, that's a bad example... Talented bunch of kids. They played brass, synths, drums, guitars and sang in teensy falsettos. What was sweet, was that they sounded almost exactly like their CD. Great live gig.

Later that night they rocked Emo's (missed that cause I was in the ER, but that's another story). Anyway. I suggest you peep their site and see what you think. A friend of mine said they were too "Sesame Streetish", but I dig their latest album "In Case We Die". Listen to the track "It's 5!". Good fun and great music for the attention deficient

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home