Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Git yer grub on! THE WORLD'S BEST GRUBBERIES!



I've dug up a checklist of places you need to eat at before you check out. Pulled it from Netscape Travel and you can see the original write up here. Most of them were in Europe and I find it VERY hard to believe that NONE of them were in Japan. Oh well, without further adieu:

The top 20 places to eat in the world:

  1. The Fat Duck Bray, Berkshire, England
  2. El Bulli, Montjoi, Spain
  3. The French Laundry, Yountville, California
  4. Tetsuya's, Sydney
  5. Gordon Ramsay, London
  6. Pierre Gagnaire, Paris
  7. Per Se, New York
  8. Tom Aikens, London
  9. Jean Georges, New York
  10. St. John, London
  11. Le Louis XV, Monte Carlo
  12. Chez Panisse, Berkeley, California
  13. Charlie Trotter, Chicago
  14. Gramercy Tavern, New York
  15. Guy Savoy, Paris
  16. Restaurant Alain Ducasse, Paris
  17. The Gallery at Sketch, London
  18. The Waterside Inn Bray, Berkshire, England
  19. Nobu, London
I've eaten at exactly ZERO of these places. It would be hard for me to spend $187 for a dinner of sardine on toast sorbet, snail porridge or bacon and egg ice cream. It's like Jelly Belly made a restaurant or something. I'd settle for the $50 hamburger and an iced tea. I'd put the other $130 sumthin' bucks down as a downpayment on my cholesterol meds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home