Sunday, August 14, 2005

Melancholy masterpiece - No John K. for you!


(OHHH The dispair... THE AGONY!)

When you don't go out much, you tend to forget the rules of the game. For instance... Sometimes, shows sell out. I got an warm, icky, raspberry flavored dose of reality tonight. Two tablespoons full! The story goes like this...

All last week, I was in Indiana, working. When I got there, I found out that not only had they (Super 8) given my hotel room away to someone else, but almost every room in the Indianapolis area was taken! I ended up staying with some realitives (thank God for in-laws). I thought by the end of the week that my luck had changed. The Super 8 even had a room for me... WITH a hot tub in it. Well, I got it all warmed up and the hot tub jets were broken. Damn.

Well earlier in the week the (lovely) wife let me in on a little secret, you see, she discovered that John K. (Kricfalusi) was coming to Austin this weekend for a big Ren & Stimpy Fest at the Alamo Drafthouse. Four big shows... all of them different. I knew my home schedule would only afford me one, so I picked the very last show, Sunday at 9:45pm. Seven o'clock rolls around and I started getting ready. Put on my R&S shirt. Busted out my R&S DVD set for a little John K. autograph action. Pulled up the Alamo Drafthouse website to double check the show times and BLAMMO! I was hit in the eye with the words "SOLD OUT!"

I'm a giant fan of Ren & Stimpy and the heatbreak was more than any man should bare... thus the inspiration for today's Melancholy masterpiece.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Damn! Sorry U didn't get to see John K. I was never a deep R & S fan, but it was funny, from what I did see. I have missed many concerts and appearences due to scheldue conflits. I feel your pain.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about that. At least you can still reach for your dream of huge pectoral muscles... :)

Schrief

11:36 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Thanks for all the support. I think I'm gonna get through it. ;)

So, Stacy... What kinda concerts did you miss out on? I missed the Maxwell, Alisha Keys show... but not because of a schedule conflict. It's because I was being cheap. I regret it to this day.

Oh and Schrief. That's a good point! Maybe I can hire a personal trainer with all the cat hairballs I sell!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I missed Prince! That was the last concert I wanted to see. Missed a book signing. I was soooo hurt. Know better now. Gotta call in sick.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man...sorry you missed R&S guy.

You must buy early!

I missed many a show via procrastination...

LL, Rakim, U2

and cheapness...i feel you on that one too.

peace,
Martay

12:29 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Dang Martay... That hurts..

(but... I did see U2 and Rakim, so I don't feel as bad)

:P~

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home