Monday, May 16, 2005

Sony Playstation 3 hands on review!


(w00t! GeekAustin Reviews the PS3!)

Wow! It's great being a big time media rep! When Sony gives you a call and asks for you to do a piece on the new PS3, I mean... How can you turn it DOWN? Well... they didn't actually call me. I sorta found it lying in my driveway behind my CR-V.

Just there... on the ground. I was totally stoked that it arrived just before the big announcement. I'm not sure why UPS wouldn't have knocked or somthing... and I also thought it to be strange that Sony didn't even bother to put it in a box, but it was great to get to get a hands-on unit before ANYONE else in the world. BEAT THAT JOYSTIQ!

Well, all I can say is this... IT'S FANTASTIC! The controller is unlike anything you've every held before. Wireless and completely natural. Sony REALLY raised the bar with this one. The controller even had integrated iSmell. VERY innovative. My controller was stuck in like... I dunno, bananna(?) mode. Perhaps it's a beta issue. I'm sure they'll have it fixed in the final release.

I still haven't quite got the video working and they didn't include any games, but I'm sure that's a small oversight. I'll be calling Sony in the morning to see when to expect the rest of the shipment. I CAN'T WAIT! I'll keep you posted... Until then, this is GeekAustin signing off!

***UPDATE***
Sony hasn't returned my calls yet. It's all good though. I got a friend that works for Sony. His IM says "N/A" right now, but as soon as he pops online I'll see when to expect the rest of the unit and the games and stuff...

The controller is totally weird though. It's got like a color changing paint job. Who knows how much THAT costs to implement, but this morning it's kinda brownish with some cool dot effect and the stupid iSmell won't turn off. I imagine it will run outta juice here in a bit. Even the fruit flys are confused by this thing. Those guys at Sony are sooooooo friggin' out there! This thing Rawks!

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sap

4:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sony access press

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, thats just a dumb banana. Youre a fake. You dont really have a PS3! Im goning to go to a site that REALLY has a PS3 for REAL! and not this dum site!

->>>p1ay3r$tat10n<<<--

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the third Anon, you are the biggest dumbass I have ever seen. The guy was joking.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Halarious

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Xbox 360

Ps3 sucks

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xbox260, to me, is nothing compared to PS3.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow.. a ps3?? that is so cool!! oh wait a minute.. thats not a ps3.. thats a banana! you're a phoney! you're a big fat phoney!

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO AT THE FAMILY GUY MOMENT :P

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya man put ur Got DAmn banana!!! Ya We dont want to see that.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you look at the green letters in the picture guys, you'll see right off that yes it is a banana. The green letters say exactly that:"Featuring the first potassium rich, biodegradable controller". So duh on your face, asshats.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spank me like a bad puppy BITCHES

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont understand you people

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Mah names Jason i need thats guys SCREENNAME SO I CAN IM HIM I SUCH A FUCKING BIG FAN OF FUCKING SONY!

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice website man, Looks good.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! Look what you done did!
http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/22/sony-confirms-ps3-controller-redesign/

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! You found a banana!

(you must have done this post a long time ago, before they changed the controller. I hear they are changing it BACK to the big silver banana!)

w00t!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home