Monday, May 09, 2005

Mystery Doritos


(From Mexico...Dorito Incognito)

Brought these back from our little trip to Bustamante. Doritos Incognita. If you look carefully, you'll see what flavors are inside... The little tornado shows limes, and chilis and a little question mark. The little question mark is for "Who the hell knows"... and that's what they taste like. Actually, when you open the bag it smells like curry katsup. When you finally take a deep breath and shove them in your mouth, the flavor kinda morphs... It starts out kinda sweet and curry like, then it's sour then it's kinda spicy and salty. Over all, not bad. The wife even liked them. Mexico seems to be on the "Mystery Flavor" wagon because I also bought Pepsi FIRE and nowhere on the bottle does it say what it tastes like. I guess that's a good way to get people to buy in. "HEY! Try this! It's mysterious!" Would I want them to come to the US? Eh... They weren't THAT exciting. I think I'd like to try some of the other flavors... There's "Impulsive Enchiladas", "Radiant or Radioactive Green", "Bold Nacho", "Pizzariolas", and "3D".

That's the best part of visiting new places. Everything is new!

I have to tell you, I went to a mall in Mexico and ate at the Mexican equivalent of Krystals (see: White Castle). Some place that serves tiny little Gorditas. I wish I could remember the name. Googling it did not help either. But it was yummy and cheep and prolly good whilst drunk at 3am. (maybe it was Dona Tota or Doña Tota). Slamming none the less.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had tried a bag of these on a cruise to Costa Maya and Cozumel. My wife and I were there on a honeymoon. She wouldn't try them because they looked "too brown" and I guess, therefore, strange. But I loved them.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are the most awesome flavored doritos i have ever tasted

And Yes It Was Probably Gorditas Doña Tota They Are awesome

6:56 PM  
Blogger Yearim said...

Thank you for sharing the photo of the bag of doritos.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home