Thursday, January 20, 2005

Will Whole Foods come through???



If you've ever been to Bavaria, you will experience a mouth watering reaction when staring at the above photo. It is a picture of 3 Nürnberger Brats in a Brochen with spicy mustard... sitting on a marble table.

Well, I took a trip to Whole Foods (6th Street) and asked the Meat Guy (Oscar) if they could custom make me some Sausages. He said I should talk to the new guy (who's name I forget). The New guy is supposed to be someone with a degree in sausage engineering from Germany who came over from Central Market. Oscar told me to come back and chat with him to see if it's something he could put together as a special order for me. IF so... I may throw the most delicious Oktoberfest party ever in Austin.

I printed out the recipe and will keep you posted as to what he says.

*UPDATE*
Missed out on Albert (the sausage king). I mentioned what I was doing and the guy behind the counter said "Oh yeah... He can do that." I'm getting a good feeling about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home