Monday, March 21, 2005

Houston we have a problem.


(out damned spot!)

I knew you could find oil in Texas... But under my scooter is NOT the place I wanna find it.

Went for a FAB, ride up in the hills with Fred. Fred rides the 650cc Burgman. He's a nice guy even if his concept of time and space is a little different than the rest of us (haha). The weather was of a ridiculously high quality. Nice clouds. Nice winds. Dry roads. The smell of Texas wildflowers was in the air. Riders in New Jersey would kill for this weather (sorry Susan).

Well, we did about 200 miles together and my scooter held up nicely... but when I woke up this morning and looked at the ground I saw this oil leak. Now I'm worried. I am mechanically inclined, but not in a motor vehicle sense... Only because I haven't done any motor vehicle work myself. I think now's the time to learn. I've got some people looking at my photos to give me some hints and I may try fixing it myself (wish me luck).

Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the difference between vintage Vespa and old Honda scooterists I guess. If I see that amount of oil under my bike, I check to see if it's leaking out the drain plug, then just put a rag under it if it's leaking somewhere I don't want oil. The long term solution is to check occasionally to make sure there's enough oil left in the engine. Vespa engines just don't always seal up so good.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

haha... Yeah. I've never owned a vintage mode of transportation. Really my Helix is the oldest vehicle I've ever had. Even my first car was a 1992 Cavalier.

I promise though... After I get this fixed, I will learn how to do this junk myself... Or get a 60's Vespa, where I can just shrug at an oil spot under my bike.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home