Tuesday, March 08, 2005

RESURRECTED - Spinich is supposed to be good for you!

*Originally posted at 11:32pm on Jan 25, 2005*

I hated to do this, but I had to resurrect this old post. I was expecting a written response from Earthbound within 7-10 business days. Well, it's been over a month with no reply, so I sent a little follow up just to make sure I wasn't forgotten about. Like to hear it? Here it go.

Hello Marcie,

Just wanted to follow up. I hadn't heard anything back since our last
discussion (see below). Didn't get the mail response. Is everything
ok?

We'll keep you all posted on the status...

***UPDATE 3/22/05***

Well... They came through! Wrote a nice little letter (don't know where the wife put it tho). Basically saying "Sorry that you ate tote." and sent me a little checky bling-bling to cover another bag or two of the green stuff (spinich of course).

Anyway, good looking out Earthbound Farm! I'm back in the Baby Spinich game again. Really, they are good peeps and I recommend them for providing fresh organic greens anytime... Although I will be more careful not to choke on tote again in the future.

GeekAustin.
-------


Almost Dentist-bound... Watch for Plastic Objects!

Click on the above image to see what I chomped on for lunch today. See that little white square above the penny. Looks like a piece to a weed-eater and it produced a resounding "Crack" when I bit into my home-made spinich wrap. It was a simple concoction. Bread wrap, turkey, cheese and the contents of the above bag. I took everything in the bag (spinich, peanuts, and dressing) and threw it into a glad disposable container. Shook it around and stuffed it into my wrap. about 1/3rd of the way through the meal my teeth clattered and my munching came to a halt. I'll keep you posted if I find out what went wrong here.

*UPDATE*
Got a reply from Earthbound Farm that went something like this:
"Thank you for your e-mail and the pictures posted on your web-site. We apologize for the condition your salad was in. I sent the pictures to our quality assurance department. They have identified the object as a piece of tote. This is highly unusual as our salad go through a pre-wash and are spun to remove any materials brought in from the field. We will be sending you a response by mail in the next 7 - 10 business days.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention."

I was a little concerned where she said it was a "Piece of tote"... When taken outta context I had to really think about it... Tote? Is that like the industry term for "Dried out piece of turd?" or a Goat Turd... Toat? But... I googled it and found a tote. So, I'm ok with that... I could stop my imagination from getting further out than goat turd.

More updates in 7-10 business days!

Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home