Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(This image was shot just moments before the "creature-from-the-black-lagoon" attack)

Well, I can't be SURE it was the creature from the black lagoon... But it was scary none the less. We're chillin', out on Fred's boat (that's Fred on the left), and it's beginning to get dark. We turned down some dark little water way then BLAM! The boat starts makin' funny noises. Fred floors it (or whatever you do with boats) and the motor starts makin' all this noise and you can smell something funny. Fred, with a nervous smile says, "Don't worry, it's prolly some weeds. I'll get us outta here." The wife is looking a bit panicked and Miranda is confused and I'm thinking... "Oh, $#!+... We're gonna be swimmin' tonight."

All was well in the end. I dove off the boat, swam below the water, took care of business and we all ate bar-b-qued creature-from-the-black-lagoon for dinner. Kidding. We DID get back to our launch point (A restaurant called The Boatdock), and everyone was happy.

The next day Bella said that she had fun despite the attack. Thanks for the fun time Fred! We were trying to live by the "Do something everyday that scares you" rule, and it was good. Today I think I'll gargle with NEW Jalapeno Listerine Xtreme and rub my entire body with Nair. I'll let you know how that works out.

PS> Tested out Photobucket... Hope it works better than Bloggerbot. Thanks Stacy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home